Sunday 8 July 2012

The big 40

Afternoon my cherry bobbins...suns out...and thats all im gonna say......had a phone call last night from a friend who i hadnt seen for ages..and she asked me if i had a 40th birthday card for tommorow...er!!! nice of you to call me..but im not a card shop...so as i do i said i hadnt but will have something for her in the afternnon...so this is it i hope she likes it for Eiliane...but seeing Eiliane is my other friend i have had to rustle up another card..havent got a 40 anywhere so i will have to find something soon shes collecting at 5-00....i found these superb  digis on MAZY GREEN  and thought it was so cute..her facial expression looks in a little shock and as i remember the shock horror of reaching forty 20 years ago.....yet my forties were the best i so enjoyed it.i left my hubby and had a younger model..and hes still here today..think the term used nowdays i'm  *a couger* lol!!!..sorry i digress...so i though it was apt and seeing wed had allot of the wet stuff the brollie was brill....coloured with inks but the paper was a bit bobbly ..not smooth so a lumpy coloured texture...pins i added to with gems off ebay..ive made loads the other night...a bottle top flattened (she drinks too)lol!!! and painted with acrylic and cut out  numbers....a button with a heart stuck on.... cheescloth and lace of ebay flower wild orchids and my  cute resin birds....so now i just gotta pop off to get mine finished will probs show it later...big hello to my new followers so happy you liked my blog enough...and mamoosive thanks for all the wonderful comments left for me to enjoy...MWAH!!!! and a big sassy hug xxxxxxxxxxxxx.


25 comments:

Sue said...

WOW!! Such a fabulous card Sassy. I love the image and you have coloured her beautifully. It's all those lovely embellishments and layers that always make you cards so special.

Hugs Sue

Rosietoes said...

It's lovely Sassy. I'm sure your friend will adore it. :)

Really pretty colours too.

Edna x

tilly said...

so pretty in pink, I think she will love your creation
Tilly

angelwhispers said...

What do you mean your not a card shop!!!!! The other day my neighbour asked for a Wedding card for that night I mean really!! lol You have done a superb job and just love the image! Chanelle xxx

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card,love the image and fab colours.xxx

Janette said...

Hi Sassy, Oh I have someone like this in my life all the time...she thinks I can just wave me wand and there u have it....she is my daughter though so not much I can do is there,,lol,,,,
You made a beautiful job of it as always, she must love it...xxx

Anniebee said...

This is absolutely beautiful sassy! I love the image and all of the lovely embellies. To answer your question, your entry to the Kenny K challenge must have one of his images to be eligible for the prize. So sorry but you have plenty of time to color up one of those images you bought today! I have faith in you! Thanks for hopping with us. I hope you'll be back with another card before the draw because I love your coloring on this one.

Hugs, Annie

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Sassy
A gorgeous and beautiful card
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Fabulous card, Sassy. As always your details are amazing.
lol at your 'cougar' story ;-)
Caroline xxx

Caroline said...

WOW Sassy this is gorgeous. Love the image which is coloured beautifully and the layout and colours are fabulous. Caroline xxx

June Nelson said...

OOh its lush me darlink I bet she will be over themoon when she gets it, not depressed, I hated 40 and I hate 50 even more lol. But this is great, huggies from me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aunty Sue said...

Hi Sassy dont have this one and she is lovely might have to go shopping but cant see me making something as girlie as this one. Hugs Sue xxx

Inkypinkydelights said...

Surprising what you can do in a hurry if you have to Sassy. Me? I don't like pressure though, get in a bit of a twist! Love your card! Judy x

Donna said...

Sassy Girl! You sound so wonderful these past days - you are contagious!

As always, your card is just gorgeous! Your friends will just love the time you have put into these cards - as there is another coming!

40's were my best years, too, as I married my honey, too! Although we are the same age. 18+ years married, 20+ years together! 40's and 50's have been the best years of my life. Just had my 60th and I know this decade will be grand as well! After all, we get better with age!

Hugs dear Sassy!
Donna

mags said...

This is gorgeous Sassy. The image is perfect and coloured beautifully. Love all the fab embellishments.
Mags
x

May said...

Gorgeous card Sassy, your colouring is fab.. great design & colours... Hugs May x x x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Sassy, I like the image, I am a fan of Mayzy's images, I like the lace and the design.
Kevin xx

Irene said...

Stunningly beautiful Sassy, all pink and girlie. Your friend will be thrilled.
luv
irene
xxxx

Jackie said...

Absolutely gorgeous as always Sassy :o)
Jackie xx

Heidi said...

Gorgeous card!
Beautiful design:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Moni said...

So love pink on the card. Fab image and great colouring and cute image. Hugs,Moni

Shelby said...

Another over the top beautiful design. Love how you've colored her up and the lace and flowers are scrumptious!

Shelby

kista said...

Beutiful card. Too bad that it wasn't a Kenny k image. Thanks anyway for playing along in the KKKK's challenge this week. Hugs....Kristel

Andy Llewelyn-Brinsley said...

Thanks for joining the Kenny K challenge this week and I hope we will see you again real soon, good luck and take care
Andy
xx

crafty amy said...

This is super sweet I bet your friend loves it and it is even more amazing as you had to do it so quickly :D
Thank you for joining us at Kenny K's Krafty Krew. To win you would need to have used a Kenny K image but we still love to see your creations.

Huge hugs

Amy xx